The 29th Annual International Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium - An Additive Manufacturing Conference will be held in Austin TX on August 13-15, 2018. For more information, please see the Information tab. The event venue is the Hilton Austin Hotel. For more lodging information,please see the Lodging tab. This website is now fully active, including the section for abstract submittal (See "Conference Tools" button) and for participant registration (See "Register" button).
2018 Meeting NSF Student Awards
The meeting organizers have arranged for National Science Foundation funding for student support. The funding will cover the full registration fee for selected graduate students (foreign and domestic) studying at a US institution of higher learning. Please note the following:
1. Awards will directly cover the full student registration fee. Award winners will pay no registration fee to attend the full meeting.
2. Before applying, please note that to qualify for the award students MUST (no exceptions, so please don’t ask) be a graduate student at a US institution of higher learning, MUST attend the entire conference (Monday‐Wednesday) and MUST be an author or co-author on an oral or poster presentation.
3. “Student” means a graduate student currently enrolled in a US institution of higher learning. International students qualify if they are currently enrolled in a US institution of higher learning. Postdoctoral scholars are not eligible.
4. Awardees are responsible for the cost of their own accommodation and transportation.
5. The number of awards is limited, and organizers reserve the right to limit the number of award recipients per university or per faculty advisor to fairly distribute the funds among institutions across the nation.
6. To be eligible for an award, students must download, complete and submit the application form.
7. Application deadline is April 20 by 5:00 PM CDT. You should be informed of acceptance by June 1. The conference registration deadline for awardees is July 1.
8. Priority for selection will be given to applicants who are lead authors and/or who actually present the oral or poster presentation. Presentation of NSF-sponsored research is also positive. The abstract submission deadline is April 16. Use the “Conference Tools” button on the website homepage to submit an abstract.
9. Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2018
January 15 Website Open for Abstract Submittal
April 16 Abstract Submission Deadline
May 1 Guaranteed Consideration Deadline for FAME Award Nominations
July 2 Manuscript (Review Option) Deadline [See Manuscripts Section]
August 1 All Manuscript Reviews Due (Review Option)
August 31 Deadline for Submission of Revised Manuscripts (Reviewed Option) AND Non-Reviewed Manuscripts
December 1 Proceedings Mail Out (Electronic Form)