The 30th Annual International Solid Freeform Fabrication Symposium - An Additive Manufacturing Conference will be held in Austin TX on August 12-14, 2019. For more information, please see the Information tab. The event venue is the Hilton Austin Hotel. For more lodging information,please see the Lodging tab. The website is now fully functional for abstract submittal ("Conference Tools" button) and registration ("Register" button).
2019 Meeting NSF Student Awards
The meeting organizers are working with the National Science Foundation to arrange funding for student support. While the funding is not yet completely in place, due to the timing, we feel it is prudent to start the process of gathering applications. The funding, if awarded, will cover the full registration fee for selected students (foreign and domestic) studying at a US institution of higher learning. The application form and instructions are attached. Please note the following:
1. Awards will directly cover the full student registration fee. Award winners will pay no registration fee to attend the full meeting.
2. Before applying, please note that to qualify for the award students MUST (no exceptions, so please don’t ask) be a student at a US institution of higher learning, MUST attend the entire conference (Monday‐Wednesday) and MUST be an author or co-author on an oral or poster presentation. [The abstract submission deadline is past, but student award applicants may submit an abstract (oral or poster presentation) along with their application for a travel award. If selected for a travel award, the abstract will also be accepted. Please include the full abstract (title, author/s, ~150 word abstract, full contact author information, indicate “poster” or “oral” presentation) as the last page of the application document.]
3. “Student” means an undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in a US institution of higher learning. Postdoctoral scholars are not eligible.
4. Awardees are responsible for the cost of their own accommodation and transportation.
5. The number of awards is limited, and organizers reserve the right to limit the number of award recipients per university or per faculty advisor to fairly distribute the funds among institutions across the nation.
6. To be eligible for an award, students must download, complete and submit the application form.
7. Application deadline is Friday, May 24 by 5:00 PM CDT. You should be informed of acceptance by Friday, June 7. The conference registration deadline for awardees is Friday, July 12.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2019
January 15 Website Open for Abstract Submittal
February 19 Website Open for Registration
April 15 Abstract Submission Deadline
May 1 Guaranteed Consideration Deadline for FAME Award Nominations
July 1 Manuscript (Review Option) Deadline [See Manuscripts Section]
August 12 All Manuscript Reviews Due (Review Option)
August 31 Deadline for Submission of Revised Manuscripts (Reviewed Option) AND Non-Reviewed Manuscripts
December 1 Proceedings Mail Out (Electronic Form)